Friday, August 7, 2009

proper balance

RANDOM THOUGHT. when my department was hiring, i wonder if they took our heights into consideration...

The other intern in my department is like a foot taller than me. Actually that’s an underestimate cause he actually stands at 6’6” and I’m at 5’4”. The department calls him Stretch, cause he kinda looks like hes been stretched out cause he’s so tall and kinda lengthy looking. But anyway, it’s probably a pretty amusing site to see the two of us walking around the building together. I mean really think about it, the tallest guy and the shortest guy…This also happens relatively often given that he’s in the building and not out on his job site. He was hired as the project site intern while I’m the department’s building intern. We were actually hired as the opposites but our positions got switched cause of our start dates –he was more free. [His job is more strenuous than mine, so I’m kinda glad –he has to get here at 7am cause of the 45 minute commute to the project site and he doesn’t leave till 530pm ish, no extra pay either]

But anyway the department probably hired the two of us to balance each other out. If you hire the smallest guy, you have to hire the tallest right? He’s quite possibly the tallest guy in the building, and I’m quite possibly the shortest guy in the building. So imagine us always walking around and hanging out together. Haha. We compensate each other well. I’d post pictures but I got none.

No comments: