Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Ice-cream soothes the sore throat.

It is freaking 97 degrees outside here in Concord. Today I had to be outside for like 45 minutes going from house to house explaining to the neighborhood that due to our construction project we have to change the waterline and thus we are going to have to cut their water from 8PM to 4AM tomorrow night. Basically I knocked on doors and talked to people who were home and for those who weren’t home I just left a flyer either in their mailbox or sticking out of their door. All this reminded me of HS all over again, when I was an enthusiastic volunteer for El Cerrito’s Rotary Interact club with a bunch of my HS friends—good times. We used to always go door to door asking for random stuff or flyering for random things. Looks like some of that HS volunteering experience did pay off cause today I felt really pro at flyering, rolling them up sticking inbetween door handles, sticking them out of the door hinges or hanging out of the mailbox so no one would miss the notification. No one should call in tomorrow asking why their water is cut off. It’s kind of a weird though cause apparently this happens pretty often for construction projects but it’s never happened to my house before, at least to my memory… so I guess that means they’ve never really changed the waterlines in my area. O_o”

No comments: