Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Fruity news...

So not too much really happens at my job that's worth sharing on this blog. But just yesterday there was once such occurrence. Here it goes...

The cubicle that I'm sitting in was formerly occupied (and in many ways still is) by a girl on maternity leave. She's got quite a green thumb and an eye for decorating. There are 4 or 5 plants in the cube, and one of them is a big ivy-type one with leaves and vines pinned all around the walls. With all the green, you feel like you're in a tropical cubicle. Then there are the cleverly placed "cute" things. On the file cabinet are four or five M&M figurines that double as dispensers (you know... the M&M guys from all the commercials, one's a regular guy and one's a peanut). And the best of all... in a closed bookshelf (cubicle wall-mounted kind with a cover that lifts open) there was a lovely collection of small stuffed bunnies dressed in pastel clothes. Oh, and of course a picture of her newborn prominently displayed outside by her nameplate.

So... now you know what I live in.

My admin is one of the stereotypically extroverted, very friendly types that will talk to you no matter how your day is going. She always has something to laugh about are sort of say as an aside as she's passing by your desk on her errands around the office. So I'd gotten used to her playfully teasing me or saying random things. But this tops them all.

She walks by, and then suddenly stops to say, "Boy, if people didn't know you, they'd just assume you were a fruit!"

Me and the guy sitting across from me just laughed... I guess it's all about the desk. So... when I get my own cubicle, 2 rules: No plants. And no stuffed animals. But if I ever have a kid, I'll put his/her picture on the wall, for sure.

(this post is so entertaining, it meets my quota for at least two weeks)

3 comments:

anthony said...

that is pretty entertaining.

are you SURE those decors aren't yours? it kinda sounds like your apartment in a way..random plants.. stuff animals.. cheesy decorations.. eh eh?

valuupak said...

HAHA TIM YOU'SA FRUIT!

Grace said...

I read this yesterday. And now I finally get what she means by "fruit"... wow haha.