Wednesday, July 1, 2009

reply letter to olivia

this is a response to olivia's post at assortedfools.blogspot.com in case you guys didnt know.

Dear Olivia,

Today was my first day of class. It was actually really chill. I haven't met any of my instructors yet--only the staff people who are our go-to peoples when we have any questions etc.

After our first lecture on the history of Copenhagen (actually, they pronounce is ker-ben-ha-oon, spelled københavn), we got to go on a boat tour! Here are some pictures:

this is a view of copenhagen from the boat tour.


and so is this...


this is how tight the fit was for our boat to get through the bridge


mmm i dont really have any fun anecdotes to tell you...
so i'll tell you something interesting about the harbor instead!
at the harbor, there are these bath areas where people go to swim around on nice days like today.
yer not supposed to just jump into the river/canal/water whatever it is whenever you please because of safety reasons (uh.. there are boats?), but people do it anyway. them danes can be such rebels.

also. i saw a dude with a group of people (i think his family) but he was NAKEYYY! everyone on my boat gasped in terror. it was quite funny.

i randomly talked to some guy from morocco today at the grocery store. olivia, you have no idea how lucky you are to be in england where the groceries are still in english. it took us forever to figure out which carton was milk, what cheese we were looking at, what strawberry is in danish, etc etc. but back to my story. this guy from morocco randomly started talking to me, and i couldnt understand him. finally, i understood he was asking me what my name was and that his was hamid. then i learned he was from morocco (thus explaining his comment "dark-skinned"). then, weirdest part of all was when he asked me "club night? cafe?" WHAT? i think he was asking me if i was going to go clubbing. i was really confused. and that is the end of my sad boring little grocery encounter with a moroccan. he even called out to me and said good-bye when i reach the end of the block as i was leaving the store with my friend.

okay. that is all.

[heart] val

No comments: