Thursday, July 30, 2009

let the hourglass pass right into ashes

haha i googled the line above, &someone else has this line as their blog post title.

>1. presentation: yesterday i had two presentations! one was for my intern group project. i didn't have to speak for that one. &the second one was a presentation/review of my project with the department vp & directors. now this one i was REALLY scared about. two days before the presentation, i reviewed it with my manager, & he was telling me how, depending on the vp's mood, the vp sometimes totally rips apart the project & can be really blunt. &etc. also, i've read some of the emails the vp sends out to my team. &sometimes he can sound REALLY harsh when he is disappointed. &then the day before, i reviewed it with my mentor. & she told me how the director that she reports to is big on formatting, like having everything capitalized or excel boxes done correctly, etc. ohmygosh i was so scared! but thank God i did really well yesterday ( i think). haha. well the vp & the directors & my manager all said i did a good job. &the vp didn't even say anything bad at my documentation! he was pleased with the layout! ohmygosh, so surprising haha. &when i was speaking, they all listened intently &with really nice faces, not critical; made me feel like i was slightly important ^__^. so i was super happy yesterday :) haha. &the whole time during the presentation, i just kept thinking about exodus 4:11:
The LORD said to him, "Who gave man his mouth? Who makes him deaf or mute? Who gives him sight or makes him blind? Is it not I, the LORD?
sighh :) i am so grateful i did well. i seriously cannot speak in front of people, esp not in front of vps &directors. soo much grace from God.

>2. 1.5 weeks left: of my internship! ohman. so fast! so since the vp didn't have any criticisms on the layout/format of my documentation yesterday, i have basically no work left for these 1.5 weeks :) well they wanted me to do something on the ppo side but my manager said that i wouldn't have time. so now i am preparing for my final presentation to show my department what i've learned. thisss preparing is fun because i get to play with powerpoint & do fancy little things on it. ^__^ i guess with this presentation, i will have to show off a little bit more about what i've learned to impress them.

>3. fun stuff:
today: after work i'm going to our sunday school teacher's wife's place to hang out with her &some other lovely women :) it will be fun to hang out with the college/young adult girls.
friday: meeting up with timotee to help him with buying stufff....
saturday: two doctor appointments!: dentist/eye doctor to get new contacts. &then, if all goes well, BOILING CRABB :) but i will be missing bible study :( sadness.
sunday: FINALLY meeting up with the besties &will finally see eunice's oh so cute puppy!!!! :)

okay. that is all :)

No comments: