Thursday, June 25, 2009

it's almost friday...

YAYYY.
tomorrow, movers will be coming in to take our stuff to take our stuff to the building we're moving to. so that means we'll be kicked out of our cubicles around 3PM WHOOT. :) & next friday is a paid holiday. YEAH! I am liking this schedule. haha.

I didn't feel so well yesterday. :( sigh. so I was much slower at doing my work. I need to sleep much more. but that also means I won't get to do as much as I wanted to do when I get home. I really want to read my books &spend more time with God. T_T sigh I am so weaksauce. It is also freezing here in the cubicle. My hands are already cold. Maybe I'll bring a blankie in tomorrow. Or next week, since tomorrow we are moving.

so this morning, as I was driving to work in moderate traffic, I was listening to this one pastor speak on Paul before he was converted. he told a funny story (it was slightly different from this one) :
(thanks andrea :) )
Once there was a billionaire, who collected live alligators. He kept them in the pool in back of his mansion.

One day, the billionaire decides to throw a huge party, and during the party he announces, "My dear guests, I have a proposition to every man here. I will give all my money to the man who can swim across this pool full of alligators and emerge unharmed!"

As soon as he finished his last word, there was the sound of a large splash in the pool. The guy in the pool was swimming with all his might, and the crowd began to cheer him on. Finally, he made it to the other side of the pool unharmed.

The billionaire was impressed. He said, "That was incredible! Fantastic! I didn't think it could be done! Well, I must keep my end of the bargain."

The guy catches his breath, then says, "Listen, I don't want your money! I just want to know who pushed me in the pool!"


i thought it was funny :)
work is slightly more fun now. haha. so there are apparently 4 interns in cali. one in santa ana, 2 in cypress, &one in san fran. maybe i'll see the one in cypress sometime! yeeah. anyway, the one in santa ana emailed me; so that was cool, getting to know another intern in cali.

another good thing about work: i have a nice big stack of scratch paper for next year now ^__^ no more stealing scratch paper from the student learning center or from andrea &mike. my project is now like, 26 pages long. &i have to print it out everytime to have my manager check it. &after he checks it, i basically get scratch paper back ^_^ &also, he told me to print it from this other printer once. but i couldn't find the printer &i printed it twice (52 pgs ftw!). &he was on the phone. SO, this other lady helped me print it from another printer that she could find. so i printed my project 3 times. keke. so much scratch paper ^_^ &&since my coworkers are moving so they said they'd give me any non confidential trash papers they don't need ^_^ YEEE.

okay back to editting my project T_T

No comments: