Monday, June 29, 2009

val misses her homies...

Mike was online today.
Christine was not. What a weird change of events.

On Friday we learned that one of the Senior Engineers who work here passed away. Yeah… it was sad. He was in the hospital for a routine check up on Tuesday but doctors found an infection, so he spent the night there and then on Friday we learned that one of his organ failed and with a chain of events he passed away. He was maybe like 50 at most, probably late 40s. It's kinda eerie cause theres been a lot of death-related incidents lately. However, I think this is one of the few that actually impacted me or one that I've been in touch with (I was working on a project with him last week.) My grandpa passed when I was like 5 so I barely remember that.

Something that's cool: his church has been helping the family out a lot. Yeah--the church. I only just recently found out he was involved at a church. One thing that’s weird though is that the church set up two funds for people to donate to: a church scholarship fund (cause the church is also a school apparently..) and a church building fund (finances that will go towards new chuch buildings..) I think it's kinda weird cause it feels a little exploitive? But whatever it's what the family wants I'm assuming and it lets non-christians get involved to help the church grow. It's cool that you can help impact the church even when you passed away.

One of the things that suck is…one of the direct consequences of this is that everyone's work has been bumped up quite a bit and therefore expect less blogging from me.. maybe. Haha. Though a lot of this work I've been given, I don't really know how to do. O_o" Is it fair to assume its not that important since they give it to the intern to do it? =] There's not really anyone to teach me either since everyone is also very busy…and oh my mentor/supervisor is out for vacation this week… haha what timing..

mmMm yeah I'm feeling some jamba right now.. buy one get one free anyone? =]

where my homies at?

No comments: